PLEASE READ THESE LICENCE TERMS CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT.
THE HI TAG WEBSITE AND APP ARE INTENDED FOR USE FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES ONLY.
BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, CLICK ON THE “REJECT” BUTTON BELOW.
Who we are and what this agreement does
We HI TAG LTD of Unit 3 & 4 Royson Way, Hurn Road, Dereham, Norfolk, United Kingdom, NR19 1WD license you to use, as permitted in these terms on a non-exclusive basis:
- The Hi Tag website, (Website) and any updates or supplements to it;
- The Hi Tag mobile application software, (App) and any updates or supplements to it;
- Any related online or electronic documentation (Documentation)
- The service you connect to via the Website and App and the content we or your supplier of Hi Tag tagged products (Supplier) provide to you through it including your use of and access to your Hi Tag Account (as defined below) (Service)
Your privacy and data
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the Website, App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
In consideration for our granting of the licence to use the Website and App as set out in this Licence, you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use any data submitted by you or collected by us in connection with your use of the Website or App or otherwise stored in your Hi Tag Account (Data):
- for the purpose of providing your Hi Tag Account, the App and the Website;
- in the course of our business (on an anonymised and/or aggregated basis) for the purposes of maintaining its infrastructure, capacity planning, providing services to other customers, and developing new software and services;
- for the purposes of analysing and commenting on industry trends and developments and to develop our business with existing and new customers (where such Data is anonymised and/or aggregated).
Operating system requirements
The App requires an iOS 13+ or Android 5.0+ device with a minimum of 2GB of memory. We recommend a minimum of 500mb free storage space for the App and data required. Database access can be via any device connected to the internet.
Support for the Website and App and how to tell us about problems
Contacting us. If you want to learn more about the Website, App or the Service or have any problems using them, including if you think the App is faulty or misdescribed please contact us at email@example.com or 0330 030 9888 or alternatively you can speak to your Supplier who will get in touch with us on your behalf.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by email, by SMS or by pre-paid post, using the contact details you have provided to us or where appropriate we may ask your Supplier to contact you on our behalf.
How you may use the App, including how many devices you may use it on
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- download, stream, use and display the App onto as many devices as you require for your business needs.
- use any Documentation to support your use of the App.
- use the Website to access and use your Hi Tag Account.
- provided you comply with the Licence Restrictions, make a copy of the App for back-up purposes; and
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms and install the app
You must use this app only for business purposes
You hereby agree to use the Website, App, Documentation and Services wholly for purposes relating to your trade, business, craft or profession and not for any personal purposes.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will give you at least 30 days-notice of any change by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next start the App or log into your Hi Tag Account via the Website. If you do not accept the notified changes you should stop using the Website, App, Documentation and Services.
Update to the Website and App and changes to the Service
From time to time we may automatically update the Website and App and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the App for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App and the Services although you may still be able to access your Hi Tag Account through the Website.
We may collect technical data about your device
By using the Website, App or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the Website and App on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
We are not responsible for other websites you link to
The Website, App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. These sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Website, App, Documentation or Services to any person without our permission;
- not copy the Website, App, Documentation or Services, except in respect of the App where this is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the Website, App, Documentation or Services nor permit the Website, App or the Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the Website, App and the Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Website, App or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the Website or App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the Website, App, any Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Website, App or any Service;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Website, App or any Service;
- not use the Website, App or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the Website, App and the Services throughout the world belong to us and the rights in the Website, App and the Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the Website, App or Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
No warranties. To the extent permitted under law, we provide no warranties (whether implied or otherwise) to you in relation to the Website, App, Documents or Services, and to the fullest extent permitted by law all such warranties are excluded. Please refer to your Supplier for details of any warranties which they may provide in respect of the products which you have purchased from them.
The Website, App, Documents and Services are provided for internal use by your business and you agree not to use the Website, App or Documents for any re-sale purposes.
What we are not liable for. We shall not, in any circumstances, be liable to you, for any of the following flowing from your use of the Website, App, Documentation and/or Services:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss or corruption of data or information;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
To the extent it is not excluded above our total, aggregate, liability to you in respect of your use of the Website, App, Documentation and/or Services shall be limited to £500.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Check that the Website App and the Services are suitable for you. The Website, App and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the Website, App and Services meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for the Website, App or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
We may end your rights to use the Website, App and the Services
We may end your rights to use the Website, App, Documentation and Services (including your Hi Tag Account) at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be corrected we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
We may suspend or end, in our sole discretion, your rights to use the Website, App, Documentation and Services (including your Hi Tag Account) at any time, without cause, upon giving you 30 days written notice of termination.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and the resolution of any dispute in relation to this licence, the App, Documentation or Services is the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
iOS App Development
Get started developing bespoke, beautiful apps on the iOS, watchOS and OSX platform.
View how bespoke web applications can automate systems, securely store data and give you easy access to remote resources.
Android App Development
Bring your ideas to the huge android platform with the help of our skilled android developers.
Expert UI Focussed App Designers
See how a well thought out user interface can lead to a much improved mobile app.
hiTAG is a complete hydraulic hose asset management system designed to increase reliability and s...
An NFC compatible Android app designed to make events 'cashless', using a RFID tag stored in a wr...
Simply CPD is a mobile app that is used by medical professionals to search for and book their con...
We were approached by Western Landscapes, a landscape and garden design company, to develop them ...
I Can Scrapbook is an online scrapbooking app, designed specifically for young people. The app an...
Right to work is a mobile and web application enabling users to carry out right to work checks re...
Out Tonight is a mobile application allowing for instant communication between nightlife venues w...
The 10 Cast mobile application uses Evidence Based Forecasting to dramatically improve the qualit...
Teach Me Anatomy is an award winning website and mobile application, delivering a collection of e...
An Introduction to different Augmented Reality (AR) technologies and their uses in app development and daily life.
Recently, the new generations of smartphones have been placed a lot of focus on the camera quality, especially on the quantity of cameras. If 2 cameras are better than 1 then imagine a phone with 16!
When hiring a company/individual for your project, you need to be able to trust that the can deliver an application that matches all your requirements in a time efficient and cost effective manner. There are a lot of scam companies out there that will leave you feeling exploited and disappointed. In this article we discuss the important factors to consider when choosing your developer in order to avoid this disappointment and get the app you paid for.
Android and Apple are regularly battling it out to see who can create the best smartphones. As someone who is interested in a career as an app developer, it’s important to keep an eye on what these two companies are doing.
The life of an app developer is not as glamorous as you might think. People assume your days are spent working in funky offices and earning loads of cash. While this might be the reality for some people, most app developers have a much quieter life.
Wearable tech is rising in popularity year by year. A couple of years ago, you’d only find a handful of wearable options on the market. It’s certainly a rising trend, and this brings along all sorts of opportunities for app developers.
The demand for mobile apps continues to rise, which naturally results in the demand for mobile app developers rising as well! So, if you want to get started in this career, then there are a few vital things you need to consider.
We know how difficult it can be to tick every box that Apple needs to get an app approved to the app store. Creating successful apps is often a “labour of love”. It’s hard work but so rewarding when your app finally gets published.
At Atom Engine we strive to create successful apps every day. We know what is involved in taking an app from concept to launch and so we know how to work with our clients to find out what success looks like for each project. Here are our top tips as to how to actually measure the success of your app.
There has always been a debate around the longevity of QR codes in marketing publications. Are they a “flash in the pan” or are they a useful tool in your marketing playbook? In this post we’ll examine what is a QR code and how it can be helpful to achieve your business objectives.
It’s fair to say that most of us are glued to a screen of some kind or another for most of our waking hours. Whether you work at a desk, are on the road using your phone to keep in touch or even find your way to your next meeting, it is increasingly common to use a mobile during your working day.
When our clients start to work with us, they are very focused on the need for an app, the details of how it will work, and are even keen to understand how it will look and feel. What is often not considered by those new to building apps is how they will ultimately convince their audience to download it.
At Atom Engine we are all about developing innovative apps with beautiful yet functional designs. But how do you come up with a ground-breaking app idea? How do you think of that idea that will make your competitors wish they’d come up with it first? Read on to find out.
We’ve developed some new tools that are free to use to help you to create barcodes, QR codes and iOS app store iconography. Try them for yourself today.
A tutorial showing how to create a simple app with a collection view that will display recent headlines from a News API, this tutorial assumes you know very little about iOS development.
A prototype is an initial version of your potential final product. Learn why they are important and whether it should be used in your next project.
Developers programming for iOS currently have two choices for creating an App, Objective C and Swift. While Swift is seen as the 'offspring' of Obj C there are many differences. Learn about them here.
Here we explain the benefits of an offline first approach to app development.
With over 5 million apps online today, more than a good idea is needed to create an app that people will want to use. We discuss a few things to consider before launching your next project.
Here we look at reasons how you could possibly save your business some money as well as improve customer engagement.
Learn the differences between the two most popular methodologies in development today and the benefits of each. See if you have any preference on which you'd rather use on your next project.
Are you undecided on whether your company needs social media? Read on and we will try to convince you as to why it's essential.
See how analytics are just as important within mobile apps as your website.
Native vs Cross Platform App Development. Read ahead and decide which you think would be most beneficial for your business
Find our how a great user interface can lead to happy customers and better user retainment
What is machine learning and how can it be used to improved your mobile application.
How in-house mobile apps can give your business an efficiency boost.